Mathea Roorda has extensive experience managing and conducting evaluation and research projects for public sector and community organisations. Prior to establishing Evalue Research Mathea worked for the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development and the Department of Labour for six years.
Mathea has a reputation for working collaboratively with clients and other key stakeholders to ensure evaluations are fit for purpose. She has a broad knowledge of evaluation methodologies and is informed about new developments in the field. An active member of the Australasian Evaluation Society, she regularly presents at conferences in Australia and New Zealand.
2008, PGDipSSER (Post Graduate Diploma in Social Sector Evaluation Research), Massey University
1998, MA (Appl.) Social Science Research, Victoria University of Wellington
- Australasian Evaluation Society (AES)
- Aotearoa New Zealand Evaluation Association (anzea)
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)
Published papers and other resources
Copies of published papers presentations and evaluation tools can be found here.
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- New Zealand Department of Labour
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Housing New Zealand
- Ministry of Social Development
- Retirement Commission
- New Zealand Police
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- New Zealand Transport Agency
- Accident Compensation Corporation
- Tertiary Education Commission.
Community and local government:
- Naku Enei Tamariki
- Te Kupenga Whakaoti Mahi Patunga / National Network of Stopping Violence
- Alcohol Advisory Council
- Hutt City Council.